Jim Cates has been a Topeka resident for more than 30 years, moving here from his hometown of Liberty, Mo.
Cates worked as an insurance consultant for the National Credit Union Association for 25 years. It was during that period he became involved in politics. His career in radio began in 1997 and last May, he joined The Topeka Capital-Journal to kick off online radio in Topeka.
And here are his radio shows up to the point of the post.
- July 3, 2008 Guest: Larry Wilson, Shawnee County treasurer
- July 2, 2008 Guest: KS Turnpike Authority Mike Johnston
- July 1, 2008 Guest: Congresswoman Nancy Boyda
- June 30, 2008 Senate District 18 GOP Debate
- June 27, 2008 Weekly News Roundtable
- June 26, 2008 Guest: Jerry Berger and Chad Taylor, candidates for Shawnee County district attorney
- June 25, 2008 Guest: Mike Hayden, secretary of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
- June 24, 2008 Guest: Kevin Haskin, Capital-Journal sports columnist
- June 23, 2008 Guest: Jack Woelfel, Topeka city councilman
- June 20, 2008 : Weekly News Roundtable
- June 19, 2008 : Guest: Mayor Bill Bunten
- June 18, 2008 : Guest: Bob Beatty, Washburn political science professor
- June 17, 2008 : Guest: Ron Thornburgh, Kansas secretary of state
- June 16, 2008 : Show debut; Guests: William Beteta and Henry Luke, Heartland Visioning
I’ll try to check back on this post and update the archives, or you can bookmark the cjonline link here .